Friday, December 02, 2005

Friday Night

After the novocaine wore off, I felt some minor discomfort. I took 800 mg. of ibuprofen and a vicodin and slept for 4.5 hours. When I awoke, I felt fine. No pain. I don’t want to be a nanny, but I’ll give the reader some advice. If you have receding gums, bleeding gums and bad breath, don’t put off doing something about it. The more you put it off, the more bone loss you have. Too much bone loss and you end up with dentures. There is no reason to fear periodontal surgery. I’ve had root canals and extractions that were far worse. Hell, I’ve had fillings that hurt more than this.

Every time I read a science fiction story about traveling back in time, I think, "I would not want to live before the invention of novocaine."

Tonight the Lakers were up by 18 points at home against the Timberwolves – and they lost the game. Ugh. Lakers still must learn how to put teams away. They should talk to Magic Johnson about it. The Showtime Lakers were GREAT at putting teams away. They would come out of halftime and five minutes into the 3rd quarter the game would be over. Garbage time from then on.

My sister is the librarian of a local high school. She brought by a sack of discarded science fiction books. A free sack of books! Thanks, Sis!

No comments: