Friday, January 13, 2006

24

I watch very little TV. The last show I watched regularly was -- get ready for it -- "All In the Family." We're talking 1974 here. Nowadays I have even given up cable news except when a big story breaks. I can't take their idiotic arguments with spinmeisters shouting talking points at one another.

I never miss a Lakers game. Other than that, I read or watch DVD's. I know I'm missing a lot of good shows.

This Sunday I will watch the season premiere of "24." It seems to be about a law enforcement agent who fights terrorism with the moral absolutism of Mike Hammer. Fighting crime isn't just his job, it's his personal mission. From what I read, "24" is a world of black and white, not shades of gray. I guess that means Steven Spielberg is not involved.

No comments: