Sunday, June 03, 2007

Sunday Night

I hear the Democrat Presidential wannabes debated tonight. I missed the debate because I was in LA taking this class in verse speaking.

(What would I rather do, listen to Democrats or explore Shakespeare’s verse with dedicated professionals? Gee, that’s a hard one. Democrats or Shakespeare? I guess I would have to go with Shakespeare, but only because I’M NOT OUT OF MY BLEEPING MIND.)

I can’t find the transcript online yet, but I heard a clip on the radio of her saying that when she voted to approve the war in Iraq she did not realize Bush would stop the arms inspectors. Is this right or is she rewriting history? If we’re going to invade Iraq, the arms inspectors are pretty much useless by then, aren’t they?

You have to scrutinize everything a Clinton says.

Anyway, the verse class was a lot of fun. I did Macbeth’s “If it were done, when ‘tis done, then ‘twer well,/It were done quickly…” The speech has some amazing poetry in it. Another fellow did a speech from Henry VI, part 3, Act II, sc. iv, and the teacher showed the humor in the speech that most people miss. There were only three students there so we got a lot of individual attention. I don’t know if the other students were too lazy to show up or what, but I’m rather happy they weren’t there.

This verse class helps me in my playwriting as well as my acting. Analyzing the verse in detail is great.

Looking forward to Cyrano audition. And let the NBA Championship series begin! San Antonio vs. Cleveland should be fun. Lebron James is an astonishing talent.

No comments: