Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Breaking News

Simon Cowell announced today that Big Brown, winner of this year's Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes, will be allowed to compete in tonight's "American Idol" final.

The decision to allow the horse to sing in the final competition is controversial, as Big Brown did not have to endure the entire process like the other two finalists, David Archuleta and David Cook.

"I decided to let Big Brown compete because he has a chance to make history," Simon explained. "Big Brown could win the Triple Crown and be the American Idol, which has never been done before. Plus, it's nice to have a final contestant not named David."

Big Brown is scheduled to sing a blues number, "Don't Take Me to the Glue Factory, Mama," and a reggae song, "I Shot Eight Belles (But I Didn't Shoot the Deputy)." The horse is reported to have a lively baritone that is fast out of the gate and closes well.

3 comments:

Bezzle said...

Oh, man....that's wonderful.

I cannot watch more then two seconds of that relentlessly mediocre program without Bart Simpson instantly popping into my head: "Where are the snipers when you need them!?"

Myrhaf said...

Thanks, Mike18xx. I can't watch the show myself. I hope I have not offended any fans of the show with my whimsy.

EdMcGon said...

Myrhaf,
Actually, I found I found it amusing. :)